We’re doing healthcare differently
At my family GP, we don’t want to see you as just a lab result, a diagnosis, or a prescription.
We want to see you as a human being.
Day in and day out, our patients tell us about traumatic experiences they’ve had engaging with healthcare systems in the past.
Life is difficult enough as it is, and we firmly believe that accessing competent care should be easy.
We honour our history, but we are not bound by it
Our practice was established more than 60 years ago by Dr’s Sid Kiel and Maurice Silbert, whose names are still revered throughout Sea Point. We’re honouring the legacy of those legendary clinicians, while at the same time blazing our own trail.
Today, our practice is women-owned and women-run.
Our work is founded in science, and is evidence-based, but we’re bringing our own ethics and values to the table.
We don’t judge (we know that everyone, ourselves included, is only human)
We don’t shame (no body-shaming, no food-shaming, no slut-shaming, just no shaming)
We celebrate diversity (we have queer, trans, POC, and neuro diverse doctors in our team)
We have zero tolerance for intolerance (we believe everyone should be treated with respect)
We know we’re not perfect, but we keep on trying (we don’t make excuses, we just try harder)
We’re crafting partnerships and lifting each other up
We don’t need to put anyone else down to make ourselves feel better. Instead, we’ll always look for grounds to collaborate and cooperate.
We consistently make an effort to support other small businesses with values that align with our own, and we’re always thinking of ways to make your healthcare safer, kinder, and more accessible.
We want you to be part of our family
Our approach isn’t for everyone, and that’s okay, but if...
... you’ve been hurt before
... or rushed out of a consulting room without being heard
... or if you’ve never been unable to understand why healthcare so often seems not to
... or if you’re just looking for competent and skillful health management absent of judgment
we’d be thrilled to try to help.
Our team of clinicians are regarded as experts and leaders, and we can’t wait to welcome you.
Here’s some, but not all, of what we do
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy (HRT)
- Pap smears
- STI screening
- Elderly care
- Mental health care, including management of anxiety and depression
- Management of acute conditions and everyday emergencies
- Minor surgical procedures - "lumps and bumps", removal of cysts, etc
- Iron infusions for iron deficiency
- Wound care and dressings
- Selected vaccinations (influenza, tetanus, etc - phone for details)
- Examinations for insurance and Department of Home Affairs applications
- Ongoing care for chronic conditions
- Women’s health services
- House calls in and around the Atlantic Seaboard
- LGBTQIA+ friendly healthcare
- If you need something that's not listed here, get in touch with us to ask
If you're ready to let us help
then get in touch or book an appointment.